Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Tire-d

Sorry I'm late. Let me go put the water on.

There, that shouldn't take too long. Today's brew is Celestial Seasonings' (R) "Perfectly Pear" white tea. Yeah, yeah, "If it's white, how can you see it?" Once it's ready, you can tell for yourself.

On my way to the river yesterday, I noticed that a tire on my car was almost flat. It must have been flatter than I thought, because driving it about 6 blocks to a service station to inflate it chewed up the inside of the tire so much that it couldn't be repaired. The new one took about 2 hours to put on and it cost about $ 120.

The paint on my bathroom walls is mostly in the same bad shape that the ceiling paint was. About 70% came off easily, and the other 30% sticks like glue. I think the best approach will be to leave the paint that wants to stick, and use joint compound or spackling to smooth out the edges.

The new shut-off valve to the toilet also has a slow leak at the join to the cast iron intake line. I forgot to brush the rust off the old pipe threads before putting the Teflon tape and new valve on.

Just a minute, the kettle is whistling.

Ahh, that's better. As you can see, the "white" tea has a very pale amber tint. According to "About.com", it's called white because "the leaves are picked and harvested before the leaves open fully, when the buds are still covered by fine white hair." Also, "White tea is similar to green tea, in that it's undergone very little processing and no fermentation. But there is a noticable difference in taste. Most green teas have a distinctive 'grassy' taste to them, but white tea does not. The flavour is described as light, and sweet." The light and sweet flavor go well with the vanilla and pear flavorings that Celestial Seasonings (R) has added to their mixture.

The Triscuits (TM) are gone, so we will have to make do with stale saltines and soft cheese.

T&T

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think I would mind soft cheese and stale saltine crackers if there's tea available!

-Rachel-

Anonymous said...

Dad told me about your blog...how splendid to have one! It is a nice way to keep in touch.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear...what a mistake! I did not intend to be cut short! My darling sister Rachel must have submitted my post for me with haste when I left the room.

I didn't know whether or not you would appreciate a post from me, (as younger men and women do end up crowding internet spaces with comments), but when I saw that Robert and Rachel tried to beat me to it, I couldn't resist.

Stop by when you have the time:

www.homeschoolblogger.com/Equestrian4HIM

www.xanga.com/sincerelyamanda

GOD BLESS,

~Amanda~